Can you see yourself in the darkness of the pain, loss, death, and grief that has the potential to drown you in its wake? This retreat will offer a realness and intimacy that no online program can create.
If you are being called to join a like-minded group of women who are navigating loss and are wanting a different and more rewarding way in which to move forward and not only survive this loss, but to thrive - this retreat is for you.
Host Angie Corbett-Kuiper has carefully crafted this retreat with you in mind. She provides personal instruction and offers experiential practice in a workshop setting allowing you to fine tune your newly acquired skill. Some of the methods you might find will fit nicely into your toolkit and others might just be nice to know. Each of us are individuals with different needs and desires. The goal of her retreat is providing as many resources that have worked for her including favorite books, meditation, understanding energy, and most importantly a mindful awareness as you continue on your life’s journey.
If you have lost a loved one to death, there are ways you are able to connect with them again if you choose. You can also learn to incorporate them into your life as you learn to live your best self as you navigate death and loss.
We will start each day with morning meditation, walk, and reflection. We will learn to use our breath to quiet our minds surrounded in nature.
Angie has created an intimate space where she is inviting only ten women who have lost a loved one to death. This retreat is nestled in beautiful Northern New Mexico where Georgia O’Keefe lived and painted. You’ll leave the retreat armed with tools and resources long after the retreat concludes.
Home Cooked Meals
Our personal chef will cook delicious farm-table meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will eat meals together, rotating around to each of the large family tables across Moonglades for fresh, home-cooked food, conversation, and company.
On this 3-night, 4-day, all-inclusive retreat, you will find yourself in a beautiful setting, situated on 43 acres in Northern New Mexico to roam, to reflect, to contemplate… to sit still. You will learn the techniques that have worked for Angie, offering assurance that your loved one is still right here. When you find your loved one you will find something even greater…Yourself.
We will journal, create, and meditate through silence, music, and movement. We will engage in a variety of lectures and workshops to begin the process of connecting with our loved ones while reconnecting with ourselves. You will learn to let go of negative beliefs as they pertain to death which no longer serve your highest and best interests. We begin to reframe the way we have been taught about death and loss by dispelling antiquated beliefs.
When you leave Moonglades, it is my desire that you have several new tools and resources to assist as you navigate this journey through death and loss long after the retreat concludes. - Angie
Moonglades is 2.5 hours from any light noise offering a sky of brilliant stars, galaxies, and milky ways. We will star gaze sitting bundled in the crisp fall air with hot cocoa and tea. We will share stories of our loved ones, not to lament but to celebrate their human lives, but also their spirit lives now. We will view the heavens through high powered telescopes for evenings under the brilliant canopy of stars.
Some things you will take away:
Learn the new language of your loved one.
Learn to trust your 5 senses so you are aware and able to recognize your sixth sense that has been hidden.
Learn to recognize the signs, symbols, energy, and numbers, the new language when your loved one presents.
An understanding of energy, sound, and vibration and their roles in healing through loss.
Learn and practice new ways to communicate with your loved one.
Practice living in the present moment to experience the signs and symbols from beyond.
An understanding of your self-limiting beliefs and new tools to replace them with more positive and rewarding beliefs and behaviors.
Tools to create a different life experience as you navigate grief starting with your thoughts.
This is offering just a little taste of what you will experience if you choose to join me on this journey. A more comprehensive schedule will be provided to you approximately four weeks prior to the start of the retreat.
Please visit this site often as I will be updating and creating the most rewarding and meaningful retreat possible. To learn more about each day’s scheduled activities, please click on the date.
+ Thursday, September 19th
Plan to arrive in the Land of Enchantment at the Albuquerque International Airport by 3:00 PM on Thursday, September 18th. Road Runner Shuttle Service, NM’s premier bus charter and private ride provider, will be picking you up where you will share a ride with other guests to Moonglades Retreat Ranch in Abiqui, NM in the heart of Northern New Mexico. The ride from the airport to Moonglades is about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Served by our own personal chef
Evening Session 1
- Introductions, housekeeping, and agenda
- Set personal intentions of what we wish to accomplish during our time together.
- Writing from our soul: A journaling experience.
- An evening meditation/prayer lead by my personal and favorite guest.
+ Friday, September 20th
We will start each day with a morning meditation/prayer walk and reflection. During this time, we will spend time learning to use our breath, learning to recognize the stillness in our souls as we walk in the quiet presence of the morning.
Morning Session 1 Releasing Negative Thoughts and Behaviors
- Recognize and move forward from the negative self-limiting beliefs, programs, and choices that have kept us stuck and unable to move forward from death, loss, and grief preventing us from ultimate healing.
- We will begin utilizing tools to reprogram our minds from what we have been taught to allowing ourselves to create a new path. Our path. It all begins with a willingness to keep an open mind about everything.
Morning Session 2 The Power of Imagination
- Learn to recognize how our thoughts have dictated how we act, react, mourn and grieve. When we change our thoughts we can create anything we desire. It is a choice. It is a shift in a mindset. - Begin to allow ourselves to create a new and more rewarding experience as we navigate death and loss.
- Opening our minds to imagination and visualization. Giving ourselves permission to create and learning to honor our imagination with a childlike curiosity and a wonderment. We learn to quiet our egos, our chattering minds to allow the ultimate in peace, serenity and calm, as we navigate death and loss.
- The left brain explains. The right brain defies all explanation. It is here where our loved one resides. It is here we are able to create and realize that absolutely anything is possible in both life and in death.
Afternoon Session 1 Journaling and Art. Learning their new language.
- Through a journaling exercise we learn to ask for what we need. We learn tools to trust our insticts, those gut feelings. How to recognize and become aware of our loved ones and their language - Art, music, sound, and movement.
Afternoon Session 2 Energy and its role in healing
- An itroduction to energy. What it is, how to recognize it and understanding it’s benefits.
- Energy is a feeling. It can be a trauma to be healed.
- An introduction to Kinesis and Chakras.
- An introduction to Reiki - As a certified Reiki Master in the Usui Traditional 6th lineage, I will share what Reiki is, how it works and it’s role in the healing process as well as show demonstration.
Evening Session 1 Astronomy and Astrology
- An evening of folklore as we gather on the platform, wrapped in blankets, sipping hot cocoa and tea as our eyes gaze at the wondrous and magnificent beauty found in the starts.
- A basic introduction to the stars, their meaning, the constellations and what we can learn from them.
+ Saturday, September 21st
Morning Session 1 Our Personal Guidance System (PGS)
- Utilizing our five senses to recognize the sixth sense…”A knowing.”
- “We can not think our way out of grief. We must feel our way out of grief.”
- Learn to trust gut feelings and intuitions.
- The art of discernment.
- We begin to teach our bodies that our mind is no longer our master and our heart becomes our master.
Morning Session 2 The law of attraction
- The law of attraction will present to you exactly what you are practicing every day. What are you attracting? What are your thoughts? Are you practicing love and light? Or are you practicing grief, pain, and sorrow?
- You are creating the world through the vibration of your point of view.
- We learn to begin to modulate our current perceptions and points of view so that we can go on and lead joyful lives in gratitude and not devastating pain and suffering.
Afternoon Session 1 The healing frequencies of sound and music
- Learn the hidden healing frequencies of sound and music
- An exercise in guided meditation using sound, vibrations, and frequencies
Afternoon Session 2 Recognizing the Numbers, signs, and symbols
- Learning all of the different ways in which you will recieve messages from your loved one and trusting they truly are messages from beyond. Only you will know.
- Learn to recognize the soul print of your loved one. Their personalities do not change.
Evening Session 1 Fireside Chats
- Tonight we will be meeting around the firepit in the cool Southwestern desert.
- We will be sharing with one another how our loved ones have presented.
+ Sunday, September 22nd
11:00 AM on Sunday, September 21st. Road Runner Shuttle Service, NM’s premier bus charter and private ride provider, will be picking you up where you will share a ride with other guests back to the Albuquerque International Airport. The ride from Moonglades to the airport is about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Pricing & Details
Early Bird: $1,450
Two Person Package (shared room)*: $2,700
*This retreat is designed as a safe-space for women only, and only female staff will assist us while we are at Moonglades.
All inclusive (except airfare)
Transportation to and from the Albuquerque International Airport.
Three nights lodging (Single or Shared Room) on a 43-acre private ranch (5 homes, a secret garden, private decks, hammocks, a star-gazing platform, art barn, and community kitchen/gathering space)
All meals and snacks from farm to table and prepared by our own personal chef.
Two full days of optional workshops, experiential practice sessions, lectures, meditations, journaling, relaxing, and much more...
All retreat materials are included
The Property: Moonglades Ranch
Nestled on 43 acres of beautiful desert, Moonglades Ranch offers 5 private homes, a barn, a treehouse and magnificent, panoramic views of Georgia O’Keefe’s beloved mountain, Padernal.
Moonglades features a yoga platform, telescope, bocce court, art supplies, board games, hiking, plenty of hammocks and decks for R&R, and a stone patio fire-pit. This property is situated on the slope of a hill and features an expansive, majestic view of Pedernal from up close and personal. The 5 rental homes are comfortable dwellings with a lot of windows and views of nature from inside. All homes are decorated with eclectic art collected from around the world. All 5 homes have decks with several nooks with comfy chairs . It's the kind of spot where it's hard NOT to gaze at a wonderful view.
Rooms are selected on a first-come-first-serve basis. Book your room preference soon to make sure you get your favorite space!